What to do what to do!
You are home from work, pretty darn hungry and want something quick and tasty but that still fits with your figure loving plan.
One problem – All you have is chicken in the fridge.
I hate it when that happens, I know chicken is all well and good but I simply can’t just indulge in a plate of plain chicken, especially at this time of year when all you want is a good hearty meal to warm your bones.
I have experimented lots with various combinations of stuffed chicken breasts but this has to be one of the best!
The Best Ever Stuffed Chicken
- 2 large organic chicken breasts butterflied
- Fresh rosemary
- 3-4 rashers organic smoked back bacon chopped
- Half an apple
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 red Onion
- Grass fed butter (Kerrygold)
- Finely chop the red onion, apple, spinach and rosemary and combine in a bowl
- Add a knob of butter to a pan and begin lightly frying the chopped bacon
- Once the bacon is browning add the finely chopped onion, apple, spinach and rosemary and fry until golden.
- Once cooked using a spoon fill the pockets you have created in the chicken with the contents of the pan. Don’t worry about being neat, try and get as much in as possible. If the chicken simply will not hold its contents, get a cocktail stick to keep it all together.
- Loosely wrap the 2 stuffed chicken breasts and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes. I did mine for 60 and they were a little ‘too done’
- Another option which I will try next time is to keep the bacon rashers whole and instead of using them as stuffing, I will wrap them around the chicken to keep the meat moist!
- Calories: 599 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fats: 23.5g
- Protein: 93.6g
Personal Trainer High Wycombe